Whether you are a novice or experienced online gambler, you must have heard about the bonus poker strategy. The game usually comes up when you log in to your account to have a spin at the video online slot machines or around at the blackjack table. And why not? Bonus poker is a very common video poker game. It is based on the video poker game, Jacks or Better. It however comes with a slight variation. It comes with a higher payout percentage for four of a kind hands. Slots casino games Video Poker games are casino games that use five-card draw poker as their modus operandi. You might be worried about the technical terms being used. Don’t! This comprehensive guide to bonus poker covers all the necessary terms, skills, and information before you place your first bet in a game of bonus poker. You saw it here first! All rights reserved.
After you read this article, your chances of walking away from the machine with bigger profits will have increased significantly. Even the jackpot! Who knows?
Key bonus poker terminologies
Like the standard video poker game, Jacks or Better, bonus poker has a number of technical terminologies. You will term like two pairs, high pair, royal flush, and many more being thrown around. Most of the terms refer to the set of 5 cards that are dealt with in video poker. Below are some of the typical terms and casino video poker hands that you are bound to encounter as you place your bets and make strategy:
- High Card or No pair – five cards of different ranks and suits. It is ranked as the lowest hand in most poker games.
- One Pair – It is also known as a pair; two cards of one rank and three kickers/ three cards of other ranks
- Two Pair – A two pair has two cards of one rank, two different cards of another rank, and one card of a third rank. A two pair can be further described as a low pair or high pair.
- Three of a kind – three cards of one rank and two others of different ranks.
- Straight – any cards of consecutive value. This means five consecutive cards of different suits.
- Flush – having any 5 cards of the same suit. The cards are not of sequential rank.
- Full House – A pair and three of a kind. The pair must be two cards of the same value. The full house is alternatively referred to as a full boat. The difference between the full house and three of a kind is in the pair.
- four of a kind hands- Four cards of the same value and rank and one card of another rank. The one different card is referred to as the kicker.
- Five of a kind – Five cards of the same value and rank. It is only possible when a wild card rule is used to allow the joker or any other designated card to represent any other card in the deck.
- Straight flush – Five consecutive cards of the same suit. They must be sequential.
- Royal flush – a King, a Queen, a Jack, a Ten, and an Ace of the same suit. The royal flush is considered the highest-ranking card in a poker game.
Instructions and Rules of the game
As stated before, a bonus poker is a variant of the Jacks or Better video poker. The most common version of bonus poker to be found in most casinos is the 8 5 bonus poker. The rules and style of play are quite similar to Jacks or Better. So the gameplay is quite similar.
A player inserts money or credits into the online poker machine. The screen will update you with a prompt, asking you how many coins you wish to play for. This will be you place your bet. Most games will ask you to play between 1 to 5 coins. (see Tip no. 1 for more information on this). The virtual dealer gives out 5 cards (similar to a five-card draw game). You are allowed to discard between 0 to 5 cards as the dealer offers you new ones. Your final hand will determine the payout based on the paytable for that day. Another factor that determines the payout is the poker rank of your final hand.
Bonus Poker Strategy
Let’s talk about strategy. The poker strategy used revolves around a list of possible hands that we outlined above. A strategy used in bonus poker can be used as well in Jacks or Better is You move through the various hands to the best possible kind. Here is an outline of the traditional plays in a bonus poker game.
- 4 of a Kind, Straight Flush, Royal Flush: If a player gets such a hand in the initial deal out, the strategy would be to keep for the guaranteed payout or try for the royal flush.
- Four of a kind to a Royal Flush: These are the highest paying hands in the game. Discard the kicker and play it out for a higher payoff.
- Straight, Flush, Full House: From the initial hand dealt, discard the unsuited cards as one builds up to a full house.
- Two Pair: A low pair has a pretty low payout. A high pair is not much better. A player tries to play out for two or three of a kind.
- Jacks, Queens, or Kings: The initial hand is pretty bad. One could play for a high pair. If you are lucky a possible three of a kind.
Payouts for bonus poker vary from one gambling site to another. Individual players might get slightly better odds than others due to certain online casino preferences. One rule that holds across all bonus poker games is that it offers slightly better payouts for four of a kind hands than Jacks or Better video poker. Most casinos that offer the 8 5 bonus poker game have a common payout. Here is a guide on the common.
- Royal flush; Just like in Jacks or Better, this is the highest paying hand. It pays off 800 to 1.
- Straight flush: The payout for this handstands at 50 to 1.
- Four of a kind (aces): It is a big bonus hand in bonus poker. Pay off is at 80 to 1. Among the four of a kind hands, it is the highest paying.
- Four of a kind (2s, 3s, or 4s): The payout is at 40 to 1.
- Other four of a kind hands: 25 to 1 is the standard payout.
- Full house: The hand pays off 8 to 1.
- Flush: The payout is at 5 to 1.
- Straight: Expect a 4 to 1 pay off with this hand.
- Three of a kind: 3 to 1 pay off
- Two Pair: 2 to 1 pay off
- A pair of jacks or better: This kind of hand gives you even odds.
Where to play bonus poker?
Online gambling is all the craze right now. It offers players the opportunity of gambling in the comfort of their own homes and on a number of devices. That said, there are a number of online gambling sites that offer bonus poker. We recommend you make use of bspin casino. Bspin casino that has established itself over the years with a unique casino brand. With over 700+ games (including bonus poker), the gambling site makes use of bitcoin as its sole playing currency. Bitcoin has gained ground as an online currency due to the security it offers as well as its convenience in terms of the transfer of funds. To familiarize yourself with the use of bitcoin, bitcoin casino bonus and promotional games are available to ease you into the world of cryptocurrency. Head over to Bspin casino for a unique bitcoin gambling experience.
As a bonus poker player, it should be clear now that luck is no longer a factor in your gambling. To hit a royal flush, true players think and strategize on how to execute their plays. You need to learn how to play all American poker. A large amount of skill and practice is needed to take your playing to the next level and to increase your chances of beating the house. To do that, let’s go through some tips that will make you a complete bonus poker player.
Tip no. 1: Know when and not to bet the max no. of coins
Poker gurus and articles will always recommend for you to bet the max no. of coins in every hand. This is because it will offer you the biggest payout in the case, you obtain a royal flush. The full value of the royal flush payoff stands at odds of 800 to 1. But remember, if you cannot afford to bet the 5 coins, it is not the end of the world. Live to bet another day.
Tip no. 2: Visit bonus poker forums
Every player has reached that point in time that they have had a burning bonus poker question. Where to turn to was the issue. But thank God for the internet. Over the years, numerous bonus poker forums have come up where online gambling players meet virtually and discuss all things poker. The sessions and forums are filled with strategies, hacks, tips and so much more. Sometimes, a session may give one a chance to kick back, have a chat and relax; reminiscing on those Jacks or Better days. Make sure to subscribe to a newsletter and different options available to you.
Tip no. 4: Practice, practice, then practice some more
This might be considered since you always put some money on the line when you play. That’s why we recommend you make use of some free bonus poker games to practice strategy. In a bid to lure in new players, some online casinos offer free/ demo poker games. You can play a number of hands as you practice your strategies. Bspin casino is such a casino. Its demo bonus poker feature allows for amateur and more experienced to plan out their plays.
Some of the available practice software comes with a trainer who gets to “correct” your mistakes once you make a move.
Tip no. 5: Legal screening
It is up to a gambler to check the gambling jurisdictions of the State or country. One should check on the authenticity of the online website as well. Observe whether there is a Gambling Commission that regulates the website. In addition, look for phrases like “all rights reserved..copyright 2020” that are indicators of a company’s registration and ownership rights.
Is there a strategy for video poker?
They may look simple but video poker players adhere to simple do’s and don’ts that guide them on how and when to play. For instance, a simple do is “Only play when you are relaxed, in a good mood and well-rested.” On the flip side, they will not be “Don’t play when you are angry or when you have taken a few drinks.” It looks simple enough but bonus poker needs for you to be careful of the decisions you make. This ensures you are alert to changing conditions as you build your strategy to that royal flush.
If you love jacks or better video poker or are a lover of poker, then bonus poker is the game for you. Most gamblers will agree that it has one of the best payouts among casinos. Though poker strategy looks straight forward, the strategy plans outlined require some bit of practice and effort. As you build your low pair to a royal flush, remember to check out Bspin casino