The game of Craps is regarded as one of the best online casino games in las vegas based on some of its bets as well as ease of play. However great this online casino game is, some options can be damaging to your bankroll if care is not taken. This is why you need to understand the game and know what craps strategy works best to ensure that you are on the winning side.
In this article, we shall be examining major terminologies of the game of craps, rules, instructions, and basic tips and strategies about the game. Here, you shall also find out the best craps bets strategies that you can use to keep you winning at the game.
Basic Craps Terminologies
Just like every online casino game in las vegas, Craps bets have certain terminologies that are peculiar to it, all of which cannot be exhausted. So, we shall be providing you with basic terminologies that will help both beginners and those familiar with the game understand it better.
|Ace||A die that shows the value of one|
|All the spots we got||A roll of one|
|Arm||A player skilled in throwing the dice to get a certain number|
|Betting right||Betting on the pass line|
|Betting wrong||Betting on the don’t pass line|
|Big Red||A roll of seven|
|Capped Dice||A diced fixed to favor certain numbers|
|Cold table||A table where most players are losing|
|Color up||Exchanging small denomination chips for larger ones|
|Crap out||Throwing a 2, 3, or 12 number on the come out roll|
|Crap numbers||2, 3, and 12|
|Fever/Little Phoebe||A roll of five|
|Front line||Pass line bet|
|Hard number||Numbers rolled as a pair|
|Hot table||A table where most players are winning|
|Little Joe||A roll of four|
|Outside numbers||4, 5, 9, and 10|
|Parlay a bet||To add winnings from one bet to the original take and have it all wagered|
|Payoff||Proceeds of a winning bet|
|Payout||Odds associated with a winning bet|
|Point||Value established on come out roll|
|Pressing a bet||To double an existing bet|
|Puppy paws||A roll of ten|
|Right bettor||A player betting on the pass line|
|Snake eyes||A roll of two|
|Square pair||A hard eight or a pair of fours|
|Winner on dark side||A roll of three|
|Working bets||Bets that are in play for the next roll of play|
|Wrong bettor||A player that bets on the Don’t Pass Line because a different result is expected.|
Just like you learn how to play Baccarat or fruit zen in las vegas based on certain rules, the Craps game has rules just like many other online casino games, and its rules are very simple. To succeed in the game, you have to carefully follow the rules of the game. These rules are:
- One of the players must place come bets at least the table minimum on either the Pass or Don’t Pass Line. This is sometimes called the right or the wrong bets.
- The player is expected to handle and throw the dice with one hand. Dice thrown must hit the walls at the opposite end of the table. Where the dice goes off the table, the stickman inspects them before gameplay continues.
- Where a player does not want to throw the dice, the alternative option is to bet on the thrower.
- Craps are played in rounds with each player earning the right to roll the dice one after the other in a clockwise manner. You can, however, choose not to roll when it is your turn, you can choose to bet on the player throwing.
- Each throwing round has the Come Out and the Point phases. In a Come Out roll, the shooter craps out when the number 2, 3, or 12 shows up which means a loss. To record a win, a Come Out roll has to record 7 or 11 for a win on Pass Line Bets
To make the most of any Craps strategy you might be employed in the game, here are some instructions you need to adhere to.
- Every new game should be started with a new shooter.
- The game should always move in a clockwise manner around the Craps table.
- Dice should be rolled across the Craps table layout and prevented from falling off.
- Always check if the dealer “ON” button is turned on any point number if you want to play Craps without having to be the shooter.
The betting options available in a Craps game include:
- The Pass Line and Don’t Pass Wagers: These are the most common and easy to understand options in Craps. You are expected to place one of these come bets before making a Come Out roll.
- The Come and Don’t Come Bets: These options only differ from the Pass and Don’t Pass Line options in that they after a point has been established. In these options, you need to get a 7 or 11 to win. With a 2, 3, or 12, you lose.
- The Odds Bet: This bet option is similar to that of a side bet which is made after a point is established. Odds bets are an extension of other come bets types which is why we have Pass and Come odds as well as Don’t Pass and Don’t Come Odds.
- Place Win Bets: This bet option can be made after a point has been established on any of the numbers 4, 5, 6, or 8, 9, or 10 is rolled before a 7. The differences in the number of Come Out roll also results in different payouts depending on the number.
- Place Lose Bets: The opposite of Place Win Bets, this bet option results in a win when any of the numbers 4, 5, 6 or 8, 9, 10 is rolled after a 7. The payouts also differ based on the number.
- Buy Bets: In a buy bet option, the player is betting that a certain number will be rolled before a 7. When that happens, you win and when it doesn’t, you lose. However, unlike Place Win Bets, the payouts are higher.
- Lay Bets: This option, unlike the buy bet options, requires you to place a bet on 7 being rolled before a certain happening. When this happens, you win and when it doesn’t, you lose.
- Hardways: In this option, you are expected to roll a number as a double for it to qualify as the hard way. A hard 4 is a double of 2 and a hard 8 is a double of 4.
- Big 6 and 8: The big 6 and 8 bets are simple and can earn you money if you win. For beginners, 6 and 8 bets are the best. When a 6 is thrown before a 7, a big 6 wins. When a big 8 is thrown before a 7, a big 8 wins. The 6 and 8 bet options are easy to understand making it one of the best.
- Field Bets: Field bets are settled on subsequent shooter rolls and there is a win when any of 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, or 12 is rolled. There is a loss when any of 5, 6, or 8 is rolled.
- Proposition Bets: Proposition bets available on Craps differ and are always settled on the next roll. They come with better payouts and higher house edge but should be avoided by players not willing to take risks.
When it comes to the game of Craps, there are a lot of strategies that can be employed to increase your winning potentials. These strategies differ based on the type of bets and your understanding of the game. Some of the best Craps strategies you can make use of when playing Craps include:
Come Bets Craps Strategy
This strategy makes a Come Out at any point when a point number has been established. You can always win with this when the shooter gets either or 7 or 11. If the shooter rolls 2, 3, or 12, that amounts to a loss for you. Any other number the shooter rolls you make a point different from that of the Pass Line bet. With this, you stand better winning chances with a high house edge than losing.
Don’t Pass Craps Strategy
Using this strategy, if you make a come out roll of 2 or 3, you win but if the come out roll is 7 or 11, that’s a loss. Any other number helps you make a point. With this, you either stand a better chance of winning, getting a push or making a point that you will of losing.
Taking and Laying Odds Craps Strategy
This strategy is rare and maybe that is what makes it a good one. When you have placed a bet on the Pass and Come bet first, the wagering is known as laying free odds. You start by throwing a point after which you will have an option of multiplying your Pass Line Bet on the free odds. With this, you stand as much chance of winning as you do of getting paid.
Aggressive Craps Strategy
There are many come bets in Craps that offer very high payouts but also a very high house edge. This makes these kinds of bets very difficult to hit. There is however a way out and that is the aggressive Craps strategy. This requires you to take very high risks of tempting payouts. There is a possibility of a loss, but should you win, it is going to be a whole lot.
Understanding how payout works in casino games in las vegas is very important in that to helps you to wager and get higher winning potentials and Bspin Bonus. For many online games, when you make a bet on a game that has a ratio of 3 to 1 possibility of happening, you are most likely getting a ratio of 2 to 1 on such bet. The Craps offers almost the best bet and house edge in the casino game if you understand how it works.
It is not so complicated but needs to be carefully analyzed alongside the strategy chosen. The more bets you take in Craps las vegas game, the higher your payout chances every time a point is established. It is also best to take odds with a lower house edge. Avoid costly bets and make more profits when you consider a low house edge.
Generally, a limit is placed on the amount that can be wagered in a Craps game in las vegas. However, you can always increase the amount wagered on the starting Pass Line and Come bet. When this is done, there is a higher chance of getting a better payout.
Where the point established is 4 or 10, taking odds pays you 2 to 1.
Where the point established is 5 or 9, taking odds pays you 3 to 2.
Where the point established is 6 or 8, taking odds pays you 6 to 5.
A lot has been said about Craps to help you understand how the game works. However, of all the many things you need to know about Craps in las vegas, strategies are the most important. Your success in the game is determined by the strategy employed. For beginners and professionals alike, the Come Bet strategy is not just the best, but also the most reliable with great house edge and high odds.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is C And E In Craps?
C and E bet is also known as Craps and Eleven and is used to refer to a proposition bet on a roll that adds eleven to any craps. Players who bet on C and E unlike 6 and 8, are wagering on the possibility of the shooter rolling either of the numbers 2, 3, or 12 and 11. When you roll any of these numbers with 11, you are said to win the bet. The major reason why many people don’t understand this bet type is that it is difficult to find it on the table.
The payout odds of C and E are different depending on the part of the bet. This bet type pays out either 3:1 or 7:1 when 11 is rolled. With C and E, one part is going to lose and sometimes both parts lose.
Can Craps Be Beaten?
Yes, craps can be beaten. Many beginners believe that it is difficult for craps to be beaten. Craps may not be the easiest game on the casino, but craps can be beaten if the house advantage is high. To win in Craps, you have to ensure you understand the game and know the right strategy with good odds to use.
What Is The Safest Bet In Craps?
The safest bet in craps is mostly the simplest ones. Pass come bets have proven to not only be the simplest bets but the safest as well with a good house edge, house advantage, and odds. To win in a pass come bet, you have to ensure the roll comes out as a 7 or 11 for a point. Avoid making pass bets after the come out roll to prevent it from diminishing.
What Is The Best Strategy For Craps?
The best strategy for craps is Playing the pass line. It requires that you play with others instead of betting against them on the Don’t Pass the Line. You stand the chance of getting better odds, good house edge, and larger payouts when you make use of this strategy.
Another strategy is the pass odds. Here, you play some side bets after the first roll to help increase the wager amount. With the increased wagered amount, there is a higher odds of potential winnings of the pass bet if the free odds are played on a pass line bet.
How Do You Play Basic Strategy In Craps?
To play basic strategy on Craps, you have to make sure that you a firm understanding of the rules. When this is done, begin your rounds of wagers by placing a bet with good odds and making a come roll. After then, you either get crap or have the outcome become the point number. Go on to the play the free odds until you get the desired result to increase your potential of getting a payout.
Start a new bet by placing a come bet following the same rules playing tips. With a roll of 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10, you are good to go.