Roulette is a French game in which you spin the wheel of luck so that the desired ball lands in your zone. It sounds like your whole life. Roulette is still so much more than that, and you would find as you read further.
After you bet your amount on the desired number, the croupier spins the wheel in one direction and the ball in another direction. If the ball number rests on your chosen number, you win the game.
The ball loses its speed with time passes through hurdles to fight for a comfortable place and makes the game even more interesting for the players. There are 37 coloreds and numbered divisions including a single zero in European roulette.
A person termed as croupier deals at one table. If you need to place your bet place your chips on the desired bet and hit “spin” and once the results are out, you can choose to play another game by hitting “rebet” or get out from the table by clicking “clear all bets.” At offline casinos, there are four members of casino personnel; two croupiers, one “table-end,” and one “game supervisor.” The croupiers deal with the players and spin the wheel whereas the other two personnel make sure that the game runs smoothly.
Once the croupier calls out “Place your bet,” the game initiates between all the players. The maximum no. of players allowed is 8. When the ball has only two revolutions left the croupier calls, “No more bets.” They do not consider any bet called after this announcement. This way, when the ball rests, the croupier announces the winning number and the winner is paid out.
You can select the exact number you expect the ball will land in or a group of numbers based on proximity in which the ball will rest. The odds start decreasing as you increase the numbers on which you are placing your bets.
- Straight-Up Bet – You can place this bet on a single number, and you only win if the ball lands on that particular division; including a zero and pays out from 35 to 1.
- Split Bet – If you want to bet on two adjoining number you would have to place a split bet. If the ball rests on any of the two numbers, it pays out 17 to 1.
- Street Bet – You can place this bet on all the three numbers in a horizontal row. As the numbers increase, the payout ratio reduces to 11:1.
- Corner Bet – The placement of a corner bet is on four adjoining numbers where four numbers intersect. They are all formed as a square. The payout ratio in this bet is 8:1.
- Six Line Bet – Similarly, placement of this bet is on two horizontal “streets” which makes a total of six numbers, and accordingly it pays out 5:1.
- Column Bet – The placement of bet is on the entire column, and this makes payout extremely low 2 to 1.
- Dozen Bet – The placement of this bet is on 12 numbers where it can range between 1 to 12, 13 to 24 or 25 to 36 class of numbers.
- Colour Bet – If you want extremely less risk you can go for either of the colors red or black, but you can’t earn any profit all you can do is recover your profit.
- High/Low Bet – The numbers of category from 1 to 18 is known as “Low” Box and the class of numbers from 19 to 36 are termed as “High.” But you can only recover your paid amount you can’t earn a profit.
- Odd or even Bet – There can also be a bet on whether the winning number will be odd or even.
- Time – Minutes allowed each player to place the bet before roulette table before moving.
- Minimum Wager – The minimum amount a player needs to place a bet. It is the least amount required even to play the game.
- Table & Wins – If you have reached a specific limit of winning, you might be asked to change the roulette table. This number of winnings on a single chart is called Table & Wins.
- Profit Goal – The total bets you expect to win a roulette game is called profit goal. The stakes are then placed based on this goal.
- Stop Loss – The maximum limit you need to set for the loss you can intake before ending to play roulette.
Types of Roulette
Europe was the first one to bring roulette, and most of the casinos around the globe follow it. The American roulette is slightly modified to increase the casino’s profits and decrease the winning chance of players. The main difference between the two is an additional zero pocket.
This difference increases the house edge from 2.70% to 5.26%. This house edge is a huge difference as you are playing similar games with similar payouts. Most of the other things are identical in both the games.
So if you play roulette, European Roulette might be a better choice as it is a higher chance of winning it. The difference in gameplay might not be that much, but having higher odds of winning turns up the excitement.
There are many other versions like Double Ball Roulette, French Roulette, Royal Roulette, No zero roulette, low-stakes vs. high-stakes online roulettes, but the European and American are the most popular out of all.
Tips and tricks
When it comes to casino games, many people try to beat the odds, form a pattern of gambling to get maximum returns. These tricks depend on the use of betting systems, design of bets, and past results. For example, a red number came multiple times in a row; black on next spin can be expected or not.
It is also recommended to observe the wheel, how does it spin, how does the croupier throws the people, and on what numbers more people are putting their bets.
The best advice to get in games of roulette is to spread your bets in high risk inside chances and low risk outside bets. You need to strike a right balance between bets there’s less amount to lose but still a higher risk to win the most.
Although no strategy guarantees a win still some popular strategies among players can be divided into progressive and non-progressive policies.
The progressive strategy increases the bet size depending on the result of the previous round of bet. Martingale strategy says to double the bet after every loss. Martingale is a dangerous strategy, but as they say, the higher the risk, the greater the reward. There is also a reverse martingale or the “Paroli” strategy which means to double the bet after every win. These strategies are more suited towards low risk outside chances.
One another popular strategy is the D’ Alembert system, which involves changing the bet depending on the previous outcome but so gradually and in smaller increments that minimize the risk. But this means the opposite of what we said earlier, lower the risk lower the rewards.
There is also a strategy called “Red” system for the roulette table. It uses the fact that the third column on the roulette table is eight numbered red sectors and only four black sectors. The strategy says to bet on black colored boxes and numbers lying in the third column:
- If one of the red areas falls in the third column, and you bet on the third column and black colored numbers. You’ll set off your earnings from your loss and lose nothing.
- If one of the black sectors falls in the third column, and you bet on the third column and black colored numbers. You’ll double your earnings as you will benefit from both sides.
- If the ball settles in the red sector of the first and second column, you will lose both bets and will be in an adverse situation.
- If the ball sets in the black sector of first and second column you will lose the bet of the column, but you will recover half your loss. And in another adverse situation, you’ll lose your whole money if it lands on a zero.
There are many websites where you can play European Roulette for free without risking real money. But be aware of some dishonest online casino which might give you free test with fake winning and when you pay real money they might loot you with rigged casinos.
Roulette is one of the most excellent casino games you can play right now available in almost every casino in the world. It is a highly popular game, easy to learn for newbies and easy to challenge experienced players. This fun little game puts your boredom away and makes you a person capable of taking higher risky decisions.
But that being said, we don’t recommend to turn all your money put it on a single number and wait for your luck. Get there bet some amount and don’t bring your earnings back home bet it again try your luck and enjoy the game!