If you are looking for a roulette game you are torn between the American and the European type, we recommend that the European Roulette is the way to go. The two are relatively the same, they both offer a great game experience and play pout the same but European Roulette offers a better betting odds. After all, one less betting option is great for the players. That’s already a win.
Whether you play European Roulette in a casino or online, there are things to consider, strategies and tricks that you can utilize to be an effective player of the game. Let’s explore the possibilities within the game of European Roulette and let’s make a pure betting gamer out of you!
What is European Roulette?
European Roulette is one of the most popular casino games that you can find. You won’t have trouble finding a table for it on casinos and online casinos. A lot of players prefer to play this game and it shows as there are a lot of gaming facilities offer the game both to beginners and hard-earned players.
We already established that the odds are pretty in favor of the player when playing this game. The house has a merely 2.63% advantage. Right there we can see why this game is a staple for both the house and the players. More bets, more money. That goes both ways.
It’s a pretty easy and straight forward game. All you have to do is to follow these 3 easy steps and you will be on the road on playing one of the simplest gaming experiences out there.
First step. Place your bet. Every betting option you will have for this game will be covered in the next section, so make sure to check them all out.
Second step. Spin. After you are satisfied with the bets you placed on the table, you have to spin the wheel and the ball will roll. Once the ball falls on to one of the wheel’s section, that’s the round.
The third step. Repeat. Once the round is over you will have the option to repeat the same exact bets you had the last round or bet a new set of bets. You will also have the option to clear your bets on the table before the wheel spins so you can place new ones.
Now that you have the steps for you to play the game. Let’s talk about the possible bets that you can choose from. Remember that you can bet differently on every round so choose wisely, there are a lot of them to choose from.
Betting Options and Payouts
The European Roulette’s table is pretty big and there are a lot of betting options that you can choose from. Here are some of them:
- Straight-Up Bet – it is placed on any single number, including “0“, and directly on the number. Its payout is 35 to 1.
- Split Bet – it features two adjacent numbers and is placed on the line between these numbers. The bet may also include 0 and 1, 0 and 2, 0 and 3. Its payout is 17 to 1.
- Street Bet – it features all three numbers in a row and is placed on the line at the end of the row. There are other options for its placement as well – it can include 0, 1, 2; 0, 2, 3. Its payout is from 11 to 1.
- Corner Bet – it features a group of four numbers and is placed at the corner where these four numbers touch. The bet can also be placed on the corner of 0, 1, 2, and 3. Its payout is 8 to 1.
- Line Bet – it features six numbers (or two rows of three numbers) and is placed at the end of two rows, on the border between them. Its payout is 5 to 1.
- Column Bet – it features an entire column and is placed on the ”2-1” box at the end of a column. Its payout is 2 to 1.
- Dozen Bet – it features a group of 12 numbers and can be placed on the ”1st 12” box (1 to 12), the ”2nd 12” box (13 to 24), or the ”3rd 12” box (25 to 36). Its payout is 2 to 1.
- Bet on Color – it features all of the red numbers or all of the black numbers on the layout and is placed on the ”Red” box (all red numbers) or the ”Black” box (all black numbers). Its payout is 1 to 1.
- Bet on Odd/Even – it features all even numbers or all odd numbers on the layout and is placed on the ”Even” box (all even numbers) or the ”Odd” box (all odd numbers). Its payout is 1 to 1.
- Bet on Low/High – it features all low numbers or all high numbers and is placed on the ”Low” box (numbers 1 to 18) or the ”High” box (numbers 19 to 36). Its payout is 1 to 1.
These bets will surely come handy whenever you are feeling a bit lucky or trying to be cautious with your bets.
Other than having only a single zero on the wheel, one difference between American and European roulette is that if you are playing European roulette and the ball lands on the zero, then you have the option of relying on the special ‘en prison rule’. According to this rule you may choose to either surrender half of your ‘even money’ bets (red/black, even/odd and high/low bets) or to leave them for the next game. This significantly reduces the house edge making European roulette yet again the more appealing option!
The best thing that you can do is to commit to a certain type of bet that you want for the entire game. This strategy works for those who are only starting to get a hang of the game. Once you have enough experience and have the sense to feel how your game will go, you can mix and match your bet based on your preferred profit and outcome. The bets are completely up to you.
In the Beginning…
European Roulette is one of the best games that you can play both on casinos and online. It has little to no experience needed so as a beginner, this must be one of your go-to games to play among Black Jack, Baccarat, and Slots. Just remember to always take a hard look at your pot, betting on a fun game just like European Roulette will make time and you pot, profit or fly!
Meta Title: How to Play European Roulette | BSpin Blog
Meta Description: Everything that you need to know about European Roulette is right here. Learn some strategies, terms, and types of bet so you can start playing!