If you are looking for a casino game that is simple, fun, and thrilling, you should try the Red Dog card game. It is also known as Red Dog Poker or Yablon. It is an all rights reserved game that uses a standard 52-card deck and some chips. The cards are ranked from Ace (high) to 2 (low). You can play with two to ten players and bet on each round. The aim is to win your bet and collect the most chips at the end of the game. In this article, we will explain the rules and strategies of the card game and how you can enjoy it with your friends.
If you want to play Red Dog, a simple card game of chance, you need to know some basic terms. Here are some of them:
- Ante: This is the amount of money that each player bets before getting any cards.
- Deal: This is when the banker gives two cards face up to each player.
- Draw: This is when the banker takes another card from the deck.
- Shuffle: This is when the banker mixes the cards well before dealing or drawing.
- Cut: This is when the banker splits the deck into two parts and swaps their positions.
- Spread: This is the difference between the ranks of the first two cards that a player gets.
Red Dog uses a standard 52-card deck and can be played by two or more players. The goal of the game is to bet on whether a third card will have a rank that is between the first two cards. Here are the steps to play the game:
- At the beginning of the game, each player places a bet and puts it in the pot.
- The dealer shuffles the cards and gives two cards face up on the table. If the cards have consecutive or equal ranks, such as 8 and 9 or J and J, the round ends, and the bets are returned to the players.
- If the cards have different and non-consecutive ranks, the dealer says the spread, which is the number of ranks between the cards. For example, if the cards are 3 and 7, the spread is 3, because there are three ranks between 3 and 7: 4, 5, and 6.
- The players have the choice to raise their bets by putting more money in the pot. They can raise up to the amount of their original bet.
- The dealer takes a third card from the deck and shows it face-up on the table. If the card has a rank that is between the first two cards, such as 5 in the example above, the players win according to the payout table. If the card has a rank that matches or is outside the first two cards, such as 2 or 8 in the example above, the players lose their bets.
The payout table is based on the spread, as follows:
- Spread of 1: 5 to 1
- Spread of 2: 4 to 1
- Spread of 3: 2 to 1
- Spread of 4 or more: 1 to 1
This means that if you win with a spread of 1, you get five times your bet plus your original bet back. If you win with a spread of 4 or more, you get your bet plus your original bet back.
If you want to improve your chances of winning, you should know these tips and strategies:
- The house advantage of Red Dog changes from 2.67% to 2.34%, depending on how many decks are used in the game. The more decks, the better for the players.
- The probability of winning changes depending on the spread. For a one-card spread, the probability is 8% and it pays 5:1. For a two-card spread, the probability is 15% and it pays 4:1. For a three-card spread, the probability is 23% and it pays 2:1.
- A smart strategy is to increase your bet only when the spread is 7 or more, as this gives you a positive expected value.
- You may also check out our bonus promotions to improve your betting options.
Red Dog card game has many variations, such as shoot, slippery sam, and polish red dog. Each variation has its own rules and features. When you play, always gamble responsibly and don’t risk more than you can afford to lose. You can also try our other casino table games like Sic Bo and learn how to play them online. Enjoy playing and betting!